Tuesday 26 December 2006

Learning boost with M-learning

M-learning is the delivery of learning to students who are not keeping a fixed location or through the use of mobile or portable technology. The rapid growth of information and communication technologies (ICT) makes it possible to develop new forms of this education.


More explanation about M-learning in this wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-learning

This article rings a bell for me. It's been two years I have an iPod. It's filled with conferences, lectures, ICT news and educational podcasts.

I mainly listen to them when I'm not in front of a computer and alone (jogging, commuting, shopping ...).

I've noticed that I actually can't listen very long to audio or video contents when I'm sat in front of the PC which always recall me for interactivity. Without M-learning I would probably never listen to them and it would be a great lost.

With the quality contents now freely available it definitely is a boost to my learning capability (extra-time to learn and also stimulating my audio memory).

No doubt to me that this nomad tools will catalyse even more the amateurs learning capabilities.

One of the podcast I listen to for example is IT conversations which enable me to listen to more conferences that my boss will ever be able to travel to.

I also stay up to date with ICT news, I learn now some german and japenese, some computer and network security, etc ...

Links:
- megopod (a web tool to convert PC contents for iPod usage)
- a description of mogopop from weblogg-ed Blog (read and write in the classroom)
- podtube a Mac tool to transform YouTube video to the iPod device.
- a french Blog where I first discovered the M-learning concept and the above links.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.